What to join our team? Click the link below and fill out an application.
FOREMAN / SUPERINTENDENT
To provide on-site coordination and labor for all phases of bridge utility construction projects, including coordinating labor, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications and plans are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling,teaching, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously at times
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to management in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Opening the job site at beginning of the day and securing the job site at the end of the day.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees.
The Project Superintendent is solely responsible for and will be held accountable for the timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes.Project Superintendent shall schedule all labor, consultants, and vendors, as well as ensure their completion of work within time allowed. The Project Superintendent shall be responsible for the coordination of work directed in the field, provide work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications. Conflicts or revisions to the plan shall be communicated with the project team (i.e. superiors, engineer, consultant, owner) for mutual resolution, prior to execution of work that deviates from the approved plans. The Project Superintendent shall establish and enforce job site quality control programs to ensure quality completion of construction. The Project Superintendent does not have authorization to engage in monetary agreements (subcontracts, change orders, work authorizations). All request for monetary agreements must be communicated to the owner for consideration prior to work performed. Failure to perform these duties will result in reprimand or termination.
Superintendent shall supervise all labor, consultants, and vendors on a daily basis. This supervision shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and compliant work performed. This position shall be responsible for monitoring project personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired
- Working knowledge of utilities including above ground and bridge attached gas Lines, waterlines, sewer lines, conduit and drainage systems
- Heavy construction equipment licences and H&S training is a big advantage
- Ability to carry out our in house and site training matrix and understanding of or reward systems.
- Provide direction to and resolve problems among contractors and vendors.
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, fax machine, written logs, email, computer, digital camera.
- Blueprint reading.(a must)
- Physically lift up to 100 lbs.
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including elevated structures.
- Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views;
- Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity;Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions;Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.Teaching of new hires under our training matrix
- Other Qualifications:Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned throughout the US.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of three years of verifiable experience, thorough knowledge of trades and be computer literate. Office experience of Microsoft office (Excel,word, project & Outlook) is preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.Reasoning Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk;
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
- Talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions;moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions;extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals;risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Starting at $13 p/h
Construction Workers needed for multiple projects. Our business is growing and we need to expand our crews. We need qualified operators with the skills to install bridge storm drainage and bridge utilities. Will train right candidate on heavy equipment operation. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, CDL a plus . This position requires frequent and often extended overnight travel. Requires at least 2 years experience. All applicants subject to pre-employment drug screen and background check. We offer a training matrix to ensure your career progression within the company.
Starting at $12 – $15 p/h
Looking to hire mature person with minimum of 5 years of experience in PR, AP, AR & GL and administration. Construction background preferred with Peachtree or Sage Accounting software training. Responsibilities will also include state & federal and sales tax filings; billing account, credit card & bank reconciliation. Strong organizational skills required. Up to 35 hours per week.